The Automation Process Import allows FYI Custom Processes to be imported from the FYI Help Centre to your practice. These Processes have been created by the FYI team.
You can import single or multiple Custom Processes by dragging and dropping the import file(s) on to the Automation - Processes on the List View.
As well as the Process, any Templates that are used in the Process are also imported.
All Processes and any Templates that are imported are automatically set as "Draft". The Process and any Templates from the Import are created with the prefix "FYI:" so they can be identified.
When the Processes are imported, they are validated to check for anything that is missing or that could not be set, such as a View for the Filter or if a Custom Field does not exist for your practice.
Custom Processes, and their associated document and email templates, can be exported out of FYI. Refer to Exporting Automation Processes.
- Processes can only be imported by an FYI Admin, or a user in a User Group that has Permissions enabled for Automations, Views and Templates.
- Only import an Automation Process once.
If you import the same Process more than once this will create a new Automation Process with the same name and new Templates with the same name. It will not override any existing Processes or Templates and will not create them as new versions.
Saving the Import Files Locally
Import file(s) will be made available to you as .zip files. The files should be saved locally, for example, in your Windows Explorer Downloads folder.
- You do not need to extract the files.
- Do not make any changes to the Import files.
Importing Automation Process
- Go to the Automation - Processes tab and display the List View.
- Ensure that all the Processes are displayed and you have not entered any Search text.
- Drag and drop the relevant .zip file(s) from Windows Explorer folder onto the Automation - Processes List View.
- A message displays that the Process is importing.
- Check the message that the files have been imported.
Files that have been imported successfully display with a white tick icon.
The Processes are imported with the Status set as "Draft"
Error when Importing
If there is an issue with any of the import .zip files the Process will not import and the message shows a red x icon against the file.
Download the import file(s) again and import again. If there is still an error, please contact the FYI Support Team
Checking the Imported Process(es)
If there are any settings in the imported process(es) that cannot be assigned (such as the View for the Filter or any Custom Fields) this is indicated in the draft Process. These will need to be updated before you can make the process "Active".
Open each imported Process and check for any messages displayed at the top of the Process or in the Steps.
Review any Templates that have been Imported
- Review and edit any Templates that have been imported.
- Rename the Templates to remove the "FYI:" prefix in the Template Name.
- Change the Status of the Templates to "Active".
- If you do not want to use the imported Templates, you should archive them and you will need to change the Templates that are selected in the Process Steps.
Review the Process(es) that have been Imported
Review the details of the Process(es) that have been imported, for example, if this is Scheduled or run Manually and the user who is assigned as the Owner.
- Rename the Processes to remove the "FYI:" prefix in the Name.
- The Owner of the Process is set as the user who ran the Import and this can be changed if required.
Review all the Process Steps
Review all the Process Steps and update any details.
Test the Imported Processes
It is very important to test an imported Process to ensure it is working as expected. Refer to Testing Custom Processes.
Set the Status of the Processes to "Active"
When you are ready, set the Status of each process to "Active".