Updating Job Partner or Job Manager
The following is an example of a Custom Process used to update Job Partner or Job Manager in Jobs with the Client Partner or Client Manager. This uses the Update Job step.
You will require a separate View and Automation for each Job Partner or Job Manager.
Create a View or Determine the View to use
Determine the Jobs list View that selects the Jobs you want to update, or create a new View.
- To update the Job Partner, filter Job Partner column to "Blank". Add the column Client Partner and filter to a specific user. Save the new View.
- To update the Job Manager, filter Job Manager column to "Blank". Add the column Client Manager and filter to a specific user. Save the new View.
You will need to create a view for each Job Partner or Job Manager.
Review the View to check this includes the Jobs you want to update the Job Partner or Job Manager for.
Add the Custom Process
- In Automation - Processes, click Add Custom Process.
- Add the Name of the Process, in this example this is "No Job Partner - Liz Hurst".
- In this example, set the Filter to filter Jobs on the saved Job View "ZZ Data Integrity - No Job Partner - Liz".
- If required, add any additional description of the Process in the Description.
- The Custom Process has the Trigger set to "Schedule". In this example the process will run once daily.
Add the Step to Update Job
- Click Add Step and select Update Job.
- At Partner, select the user you want the Process to set as Job Partner. In this example this is "Liz Hurst".
- Click Save.
Testing a Custom Process
When setting up a Custom Process, it is very important to test it to ensure it is working as expected.
- Click Test.
- The Select Test pop-up displays a list of the Jobs based on the Filter that has been set up in the Process.
From the Select Test, search and select a specific Job to run the test for.
- Click Run Test.
- Navigate to the Job for the relevant Job to check that the Job Partner has been updated.
Refer also to Testing Custom Processes.
Set the Status of the Process to "Active"
When you are ready, set the Status of the process to "Active".
Start a free trial, navigate FYI, learn the essentials.
Access our library of video tutorials, training webinars and masterclasses.
Configure FYI, migrate your documents and onboard your team.
Setup and configure users, practice settings, manage your FYI plan and more.
Ready-to-go automations for a range of processes used in practices.
automation, merge fields, new collaborate, tasks, my imports