I have a document that I opened using Edit with FYI Desktop and it has been syncing for a long time. It is only a small document. I have logged out and back and checked that the document is not open.
If I try to open the document again I encounter a message similar to the following:
- Sorry, the document is waiting to be synced from FYI Desktop.
This may have been caused by the following:
- You have installed the FYI Desktop App on a computer (for example, your computer at work) and enabled the FYI Desktop App.
- You have then selected to open a document from a different computer on which the FYI Desktop App is not installed (for example, your computer at home):
- The document was opened either by clicking Edit when FYI Desktop is set as the default method, or by selecting Edit in FYI Desktop from the drop-down for the Edit button.
- The document would not have opened because the FYI Desktop App was not installed on that computer.
- Or if you have lost your computer or had a hard drive crash and the document is still out for editing via FYI Desktop App.
- You then clicked "I am finished editing" in FYI.
In this scenario, FYI cannot find the original document and so it will be in a continued state of syncing.
Note: The proxy or firewall used at your office may also be impacting the application's ability to sync data and needs to be reconfigured to unblock the service.
If this situation occurs, you will be able to force the editing of the document to stop in FYI. Refer to Force Stop Editing in Opening, Editing and Finish Editing Documents with FYI Desktop App.
Your IT team should also be contacted to configure the proxy and firewall settings for your office. Refer to Configuring proxy and firewall settings for FYI Desktop App.
In the future
- Ensure you have the FYI Desktop App installed on all computers on which you will be opening documents via FYI Desktop App.
- Ensure that you are logged into FYI Desktop App when opening a document. If you are prompted to login, always ensure that you click Yes.