We have adjusted our user settings in Adobe Sign to allow features such as Password Protect, Completion Deadline, Set Reminder to be accessible. When we send documents for signing from FYI, these options are not available and are greyed out. We are able to use these when sending directly out of Adobe Sign.
Solution and Workarounds
From our investigation, the following features were still available from FYI, although these are not always obvious.
- Changing the order of files.
- Changing the message.
- Adding a password for recipients can be done as shown below.
You can add a password for each recipient as follows:
- Go to Manage.
- Click Draft.
- Select Open for the relevant document.
- Choose the recipient in the bottom right-hand side.
- Hover over the email address of each recipient
- Select Edit
- Select Password
For the restricted features, you can use the following workarounds:
- To change the Completion Deadline, this can be defaulted at an Adobe account level. For information, refer to the Adobe Sign article Set deadlines and reminders which gives the steps on how to set the deadline and document expiry.
- The password cannot be changed on the entire document, but as shown above, this can be done recipient by recipient within an envelope.
- FYI uses the order in which recipients are added for the signature request, so ensure the recipients are added in the required order within FYI so they do not need to be changed afterwards.