FYI can be integrated with digital signature providers FuseSign for digital signing.
The following describes how to set up FYI so that documents can be sent directly to FuseSign.
For a video walkthrough on how to send a document for digital signing using FuseSign, refer to FYI and FuseSign integration.
For information on how to send a document for signature using FuseSign, refer to Digital Signatures using FuseSign. For details on what happens when documents are sent for signing, refer to Summary of what happens when document(s) are Sent for Signing.
Using the Integration with FuseSign
To use the integration with FuseSign:
- You need a current subscription with FuseSign on a Business Lite Plan or above or have set up a trial account. The trial account gives you full access to all the features of FuseSign for 14 days. After your 14-day trial, you can subscribe to a monthly/no-lock-in plan.
Start a free 14-day trial with full access to the integration via the FuseSign website.
- An FYI Admin will first need to connect your FuseSign account to FYI.
- Users can then send selected PDF documents for signing from FYI using the Signature button.
Connect your Digital Signature Account to FYI
Your FuseSign account needs to be connected to FYI.
- This is a one-off step and can only be done by an FYI Admin, or a user in a User Group that has Permissions enabled for Automations.
- The user who does the connection with FuseSign must be an Administrator on FuseSign.
Note: If the user doing the connect is not an Administrator on FuseSign, when users send a document for signature they will see an error "User does not have the permission to impersonate another user using Bundle.CreatedBy. Ensure this user is a FuseSign Administrator."
- Login as an FYI Admin who is also an Administrator on FuseSign.
- From FYI, click the Automation menu option.
- Go to the Apps tab.
- In the FuseSign app, click the cog icon to edit it.
- In the FuseSign Settings panel, click Connect.
- You are redirected to the FuseWorks Account Management screen. Please sign in with your FuseSign credentials.
- You are then prompted to Authorise the FuseSign/FYI connection (if there are multiple businesses you may need to select one from the drop-down). Click Authorize.
Once connected, you will be redirected back to FYI’s Apps tab. To confirm that connection, click the cog icon in the FuseSign app to re-open it.
You will see the connected date and time, as well as an option to disconnect.
- In the FuseSign Setting panel, click Create new secret.
Note: If there is an Access Key displayed, click the Delete Access Key button to display the Create new secret button.
- The Access Key Secret will be displayed in a pop-up. Click the clipboard icon to copy the key and paste it to FuseSign (if requested) or a secure location, for example, a vault.
Important: You can only view the Secret key the first time this window is displayed. If the Key is required again, you must delete the Access Key and create a new one.
- Click Done once you have saved the Secret Key to a secure location.
- The Access Key ID will be displayed. Click the clipboard icon to copy and paste the information to FuseSign or a secure location.
- For FuseSign, you can set the Assign documents to individual users switch to allow for multi-users of FuseSign.
- When Assign documents to individual users is set to "Off" there is only one shared account for everyone to use.
- Set the Assign documents to individual users toggle to "On" when you have multiple accounts in FuseSign. When sending a document it will show under the user's FuseSign account, so when a user sends a PDF for signing it will show under the documents that specific user sent.
Note: Only enable this if all users sending documents have an account set up on FuseSign. If this is enabled, and the user does not have an account but tries to send a document for signature, they will see an error "User does not have the permission to impersonate another user using Bundle.CreatedBy. Ensure this user is a FuseSign Administrator."
- You can also enable Ignore bad phone numbers. This allows for the export of an invalid phone number (for example, an invalid character in the phone number or if the number does not match a valid phone number format such as not enough or too many digits). When this is enabled in FYI, if the phone number is invalid, a signature request can still be completed and sent from FuseSign.
Note: If there is no Mobile Number synchronised to FuseSign, ensure the FuseSign default option is enabled for either the "SMS to Sign" or "SMS to View" options in the Recipient verification modes section. Refer to the FuseSign article Administrative Settings.