The following instructions are relevant to practices that have migrated documents from Virtual Cabinet and HowNow only.
FYI can provide these practices the ability to update historical document links in Excel spreadsheets, to corresponding migrated documents in FYI. This is run using a macro in a spreadsheet Link Updater. Please contact email@example.com to request this.
The Link Updater spreadsheet can be run for a specific Excel spreadsheet or over an entire folder which will update the links in all spreadsheets in that folder.
Opening the Link Updater
- Download the Link Updater spreadsheet (which contains the macro) to your desktop and open it.
- If the Protected View message displays in the yellow box just below the ribbon bar, click Enable Editing.
- If a security message displays "Macros have been disabled" in the yellow box just below the ribbon bar, click Enable Content to give Excel permission to run macros.
The Link Updater spreadsheet holds two macro buttons - Update links and Update all links in folder
To Update Links in a Specific Spreadsheet
- Open one or more spreadsheets in Edit mode that have historical links that you want updated so these are open in background. We recommend you start with a copy of one for a test.
- Click the Update links button in the Link Updater spreadsheet.
The Select Workbook pop-up displays for you to select which of the open files you want to have updated.
- Select each spreadsheet in turn that you wish to update.
- Click Update links.
To Update All Spreadsheets in a Folder
- Click the Update all links in folder button in the Link Updater spreadsheet.
The Select A Target Folder pop-up displays for you to select the folder the link update spreadsheet will run across. This should be your FYI - MY Edits folder as all spreadsheets need to be in Edit mode.
- Select the folder.
- Click OK.
If you would like to discuss the ability to update the historical links in your spreadsheets, please reach out to our Onboarding Consultant or contact the FYI Support Team