You can integrate FYI with The Gap to automatically import emails and documents from this third-party app provider for your clients.
Connect The Gap to FYI
You need to obtain the FYI Access Keys that will be put into your firm settings in The Gap Portal to connect to FYI. The Gap Portal can then file emails, attachments and documents to FYI.
Note: This is a one-off step and can only be done by an FYI Admin, or a user in a User Group with Permissions enabled for Automations.
- From FYI, click the Automation menu option.
- Go to the Apps tab.
- In The Gap app, click the cog icon to edit it.
- In The Gap Integration panel, click Create new secret. This will generate a new Access Key ID and Secret Key used to connect to FYI.
- The Access Key Secret will be displayed in a pop-up. Click the clipboard icon to copy the key and paste it to The Gap or a secure location, for example, a vault.
Important: You will only be able to view the Secret key the first time this window is displayed. If the Key is required again, you will need to disconnect your integration and request a new Key before you reconnect your integration.
- Click Done once you have saved the Secret Key to a secure location.
- The Access Key ID will be displayed. Click the clipboard icon to copy and paste the information to The Gap or a secure location.
- Optionally, you can select the Cabinet and Categories used as the AutoFile Defaults if you don't select a client when filing an email or document from The Gap Portal to FYI. If you set up the AutoFile Defaults, the document will not first go to a user's In Tray.
FYI and The Gap recommend setting up a cabinet called Business Development where all documents and emails are filed for easy search functionality.
For details on how to set up the integration in The Gap Portal, refer to The Gap's article Filing Documents to FYI.