Jobs can be displayed as a Jobs Board. This is a 'kanban' style board as an alternate interface to the Jobs List for easy maintenance and visibility of where the bottlenecks are across your practice.
Displaying the Jobs Board
The Jobs Board is displayed from the Jobs List, from the Client - Jobs tab and from your Home - My Jobs by clicking the Board button in the top right-hand corner.
Jobs display by Job State, with a total count of all jobs for each State, and a summary of each job within that State. Where the client is part of a group, the Group Name displays for the Job.
Where a Budget has been entered against the job this displays. this displays as a monetary amount in a currency format, for example, 1,200.00 or 200.00.
Where there is a Variance between the Actual and Estimated hours, this displays in green, or displays in red to indicate a negative Variance. This is shown in the time format, in hours and minutes, for example, 01:30 for 1 hour and 30 minutes or 01:45 for 1 hour and 45 minutes
Due date displays as follows:
- Shaded green if the Job is not due in the next 5 days.
- Shaded orange if the Job is due within the next 5 days.
- Shaded red if the Job is due today or the Due Date has passed.
The initials of the Assigned User(s) to the Job display in alphabetically order. Up to 3 users display in the Jobs Board and where there are more than 3 assigned users, this shows the ellipsis (...).
The Comments icon displays where a comment has been added to the job and, when clicked, the Comments tab and Job drawer display ready for use.
Displaying Information in the Jobs Board
- Use the scroll bar at the bottom of the screen to scroll left and right.
- Use the scroll bar within each Job State to scroll that Job State up and down.
- Where there are more than 50 Jobs for any of the States, the Load More link displays at the bottom of that State so you can display the next 50 Jobs.
- When navigating between the Job features in Jobs, Client - Jobs and Home - My Jobs, and when you logout, your choice of the Board or List view is automatically retained.
- Where selections have been made on the Jobs List such as the View or a Search or any Filters, these are carried over to the Jobs Board if this is displayed.
- Initially all Jobs States except “Completed” or “Cancelled” are included in the Jobs Board.
- The Jobs States that are included in the Jobs Board, and the sequence in which they show from left to right, is determined by the Hide in Board setting and the order in which they are held in Practice Settings - Jobs - States. This can be changed by an FYI Admin as required (refer to Job States). If you do not have any Job States enabled for the Jobs Board, a message displays as a reminder.
- When the Jobs Board is displayed from the Client workspace, if Show Jobs by Client is ticked in the Practice Settings, only the jobs for the specific client are included. Refer to Managing Practice Settings for Jobs.
Updating the Job State using Drag and Drop in the Jobs Board
You can easily change the Job State by dragging a Job from one State to another directly on the Jobs Board.
For practices integrated with Xero Practice Manager, the change in Job State is automatically updated in Xero Practice Manager.
Note: If the current View has a filter applied that excludes any of the Jobs States, the States are still included in the Jobs Board but will not include any Jobs. For example, when displaying the Tasks Board with a View that has a filter for Jobs that are "In Progress" only this column will show any Jobs and the other columns are blank.
Using the Views and Filters
A selection of views that are available for the Jobs List can also be displayed by clicking the drop-down. The standard views are "All" (which includes Jobs with the State set as "Completed") and "Open". An FYI Admin can set up Jobs Views for your practice (such as Jobs filtered by one or more Job States). Refer to Saving Changes to the View Layout, Modifying and Deleting Views.
You can also select a Manager or Partner to display only those Jobs where that user is the Manager or Partner recorded against the job. If you make a selection or Manager or Partner for a view this is held as the selection if you then re-display the Jobs List and when you redisplay the Jobs Board.
On the Jobs List, you can filter the jobs on various columns. These filters are retained when you display the Jobs Board. If you have used a filter or set up a filtered view that excludes Job States, the States are still included in the Jobs Board but will not include any jobs.
Opening the Job Drawer Jobs Board
Click the name of the Job in the Jobs Board to open the drawer for that Job.
Opening the Client, Client Group or Job from the Jobs Board
- Click the Client name in the Jobs Board to display the Client workspace for that Client.
- Click the Client Group name in the Jobs Board to display the workspace for that Client Group.
- Click the Job name in the Jobs Board to open the drawer for that Job.
- From the open Job drawer, click the Open icon in the Action bar to display the Job workspace for that Job.
From the open Job drawer, click Open in PM to open the job in your practice management software directly from FYI. You may be prompted to log in to your practice management software.
Refreshing the Jobs Board
To refresh the jobs to display any latest changes click the Refresh button.
For practices integrated with Xero Practice Manager, and providing the option Maintain Jobs in FYI is set as "Off" in the Xero Practice Manager app, a manual sync can be performed from the Jobs Board by clicking Sync.
Re-displaying the Jobs List
To re-display the workspace as a list, click the List button.
Adding a Job
An FYI Admin, or a user in a User Group that has Permissions enabled for Create Jobs, can add Jobs directly from FYI + button and selecting Job from the list of document types.
For practices integrated with Xero Practice Manager, Jobs added in FYI are synchronised to your Xero Practice Manager.