Legacy Collaborate has now been superseded by New Collaborate.
While users will still be able to select the Default Email Template and share links with clients, all other configuration settings have been disabled.
To upgrade to New Collaborate, refer to Upgrading to New Collaborate.
The Collaborate Settings can be updated to select a new Default Email Template, however as Legacy Collaborate has been replaced by New Collaborate, all other settings have been disabled. To upgrade to New Collaborate, refer to Upgrading to New Collaborate.
Existing users of Legacy Collaborate can still provide their team with direct access to documents shared with clients. Refer to the section Give your Team Direct Access to FYI - Clients Folder in OneDrive below.
Configure Default Email Template
- From FYI, click the Automation menu option.
- Go to the Apps tab.
- Locate the Collaborate tile and click the cog icon to edit it.
- The Collaborate setup displays.
Note: If the Collaborate Site field shows something other than "Practice OneDrive", you have likely upgraded to New Collaborate. Refer to Set up New Collaborate.
- Assign the Default Email Template sent to clients when sharing documents (refer to Setting up the Shared Folders Email Template and Assigning Share Settings Access).
Select the template, or you can search for this by typing at least 3 letters of the email template name.
- Click Save.
Give your Team Direct Access to FYI - Clients Folder in OneDrive
To ensure that your team members have access to the documents shared with clients including the links that are generated, the OneDrive Admin Account user will need to give Direct Access to your team directly in OneDrive.
- Go to your practice's OneDrive folder.
- Right-click on the FYI - Clients folder.
- Select Manage Access.
- The Manage Access pop-up displays.
- Under the access section, click the + icon beside Direct Access.
- Enter the name of the user(s) or group that you are giving access to the folder.
We recommend that practices utilise the functionality of Microsoft Groups and create a broad group that includes all team members who require access. New team members can then be added to this group and they will automatically be granted access to the FYI - Clients folder.
For further information refer to the Microsoft article See who a file is shared with in OneDrive or SharePoint.
Important Note: FYI Client Security settings do not sync to FYI - Clients folder in OneDrive (refer to Client Security). If you wish to set specific user security for clients we recommend that Direct Access is reviewed for these clients and updated accordingly on a user basis.