The Xero - Tax Return process automatically creates documents in FYI for tax returns in Xero Tax. This gives direct and easy access to original the tax returns without having to manually open and locate them within Xero Tax.
Once your FYI Admin has set up the process, it runs on a scheduled daily basis to retrieve all newly issued returns since the process was last run.
This process is relevant to Australia and New Zealand only.
Displaying the Auto-Filed Tax Returns
The tax returns that have been automatically filed are displayed in the Client - Tax tab and in the Documents list (in the Client - Documents tab or the main Documents list). If you select to view a Client Group at the top of the Client Workspace, the list shows the tax returns for all clients in that Client group and includes the Client column. Refer also to Client Tax and Client Documents.
- Any forms created in XPM using the ‘+ New Return’ or ‘+ New CURNN’ (Australia) or '+ New IR4' (New Zealand) automatically create a web link in FYI to the return in the Client - Tax tab for the relevant Client Group or Client.
The types of returns that are in the Client - Tax tab include:
- All Income Tax Returns
- Fringe Benefit Tax (FBT) returns,
- PSAR forms (Payment Summary Annual Report)
- CURNN (Client Update Return Not Necessary).
The web links for these are also included in the Documents lists (in the Client - Documents tab or the main Documents list)
- Any forms created in XPM using the ‘+ AS’ (where AS is for Activity Statements)(Australia) or '+ GST' (New Zealand) create a web link in FYI that only displays in the Documents lists (in the Client - Documents tab or the main Documents list). In FYI, the default name of the web link is Activity Statement.
- Only original tax returns are filed in FYI. To view amendments, the Open Tax link can be used to open the return in Xero Tax.
The following is an example of the Client - Tax tab with the auto-filed Tax Returns in FYI.
The Client - Tax displays as follows.
The following is an example of how the Xero Tax web links display in the Client - Documents tab.
Opening a Tax Return
Tax Returns are created as links to the tax return in the client's Xero Tax. As this is a dynamic link, this ensures that you always have access to the up-to-date copy of the tax return in Xero Tax.
To access the tax return, select the web link in the list and click Open, or hover over the web link and click Open Tax. You are prompted to log in to Xero Tax.
Note: The Tax tab displays the details of the original Tax Return. To view amendments to returns click the Open Tax link to open the latest version in Xero Tax.