Can I delete a user from FYI? For example:
- A user has been duplicated in FYI by accident, with a different email address so it appears as a different user.
- A user has left the practice, can we remove them from FYI?
There is currently no option to remove or delete users from within FYI, however, you can set the users' statuses to Inactive.
Important Note: Before setting a user's status to Inactive in FYI, there are several steps that need to be completed. For instance, checking for any outstanding documents and tasks, and transferring work to another user. Refer to Steps to Complete before Offboarding a Team Member or Making a User Inactive
To deactivate a user:
- Log in to FYI as an FYI Admin.
- From FYI, click Settings in the top right-hand corner.
- Select Practice settings from the drop-down, then select General.
- Go to the User tab. A list of users will be displayed. Active users will be displayed by default.
- Click the user's name to open the User Profile drawer.
- Click the the Active toggle to set the option to "Off".
- You will be prompted to confirm you have completed the Offboarding Process. Click Yes.
The user will be marked as inactive. Depending on your view, they may be hidden from the list.
To show the inactive users, click the Unhide inactive users button.
To hide the inactive users, click the Hide inactive users button.
An Inactive user will not be able to login into FYI and will see the message "No account associated with your email address". They will also no longer be included in the monthly invoice.