Business Fitness Active Workpapers is a cloud-based, flexible solution that easily handles complex accounting jobs with best practice functionality.
By integrating Active Workpapers, you can link to and preview documents, as well as export and file your binders for a selected entity and cabinet in FYI. This streamlined process increases efficiency and minimises the likelihood of errors.
This integration is available to practices in Australia and The United Kingdom only.
Connecting FYI to Active Workpapers
Step 1 - Obtain the Access Key ID and the Access Key Secret from FYI
- From FYI, click the Automation menu option.
- Click the Apps tab.
- Click the Active by Business Fitness cog icon to edit the integration.
- In the Active Business Fitness section click Create new secret. This will generate a new Access Key ID and Secret Key used to connect to FYI.
- The Access Key Secret will be displayed in a pop-up. Click the clipboard icon to copy the key and paste it into Active Workpapers, or a secure location, for example, a vault.
Important: You will only be able to view the Secret Key the first time this window is displayed. If the key is required again, you will need to disconnect the integration, request a new key, and reconnect your integration.
- Click Done once you have saved the Secret Key to a secure location.
- The Access Key ID will be displayed. Click the Clipboard icon to copy and paste the information to Active Workpapers or a secure location.
Note: For this integration, the AutoFile defaults in FYI may be disregarded.
Step 2 - Adding the FYI Access Key ID and Access Key Secret into Active Workpapers
Once you have obtained the Keys from FYI you can add them to Active Workpapers to connect the two systems.
- In Active, click the arrow next to your user name to open the drop-down menu.
- Select Admin Centre.
- Click on Integrations.
- Locate the FYI Docs integration and click Configure.
- Enter the Access Key ID and Access Key Secret into Active.
- Click Save.
Using the Integration
Once you have connected Active with FYI you will be able to:
- Add supporting documents to your Workpapers
- Preview documents in FYI directly from within Active Workpapers
- Export and file completed binder zip files into a selected entity and cabinet in FYI
For detailed step-by-step instructions, refer to the Active Workpapers article How to set up and use Active FYI Integration.