The Practice Settings for Documents allow you to configure a variety of settings related to how documents are created and used by your practice.
Displaying the Document Settings
- Log in to FYI as an FYI Admin.
- From FYI, click Settings in the top right-hand corner.
- Select Practice settings from the drop-down.
- Select Documents.
- The Documents - Settings tab will be displayed.
The AutoArchive Documents function automatically archives the client's documents when the client is archived in your practice management software. AutoArchive Documents also allows specific documents to be archived using Bulk Update, for example, all documents for a specific Year category can be archived after the required retention period has passed.
The archived documents are removed from the general views, such as the "All" view, but can still be accessed by selecting the separate "Archived" view in document lists. Refer to AutoArchive Client Documents.
As soon as the AutoArchive Documents setting is enabled in your Practice Settings, all documents for clients that already have a Status of "Archived" are automatically archived retrospectively. Subsequently, when a client is archived in your practice management software, once the client has synced to FYI and the Status of the client is set as "Archived" in FYI, this will automatically archive all the documents for that client.
When Advanced Workflow is enabled, the additional Workflow Statuses of First Review and Final Review are available. Refer to Multi-Person Review and Approval. This option is only available for practices on the Pro plan.
Default Email Signature
The Default Email Signature will be used for all users when creating emails in FYI unless the user has an alternate Signature set in their user profile. Refer to Creating Email Templates and Signatures.
You can only select an Active Email Signature.
Note: Signatures cannot be deleted from FYI while selected as the Default Email Signature.
Default Styles - Default Font and Default Font Size
The Default Font and Default Font Size can be set for your practice.
The selected Font and Font Size are used to set the font in the following:
- For emails created in FYI, for any text that is entered in addition to the text brought in from a Signature and Email Template.
- As the default font for text when creating a Phone Call, File Note or Meeting.
- In Knowledge - Templates:
- As the default font for any new Email Signatures or Templates.
- When using the Apply Default Styles, to set the font and font size of all the text in the Signatures or Email Templates selected in the list.
- Apply Default Styles can also be used in the Editor in an open Signature or Email Template Email to set the font and font size of all the text in that Signature or Email Template.
- Refer to Using the Knowledge Templates List.
When adding text to Emails, Phone Calls. File Notes and Meetings, the default font and font size initially display as "Font Family" and "12". This will be displayed accordingly when clicking into the Editor area to enter the text.
For emails, there is a difference in the font sizes used by FYI (pixels) and Outlook (points). This means that when sending an email, the font selected in FYI may not be the same as what is used by Outlook when the email is sent. Refer to Formatting and Fonts in Email Templates and Signatures for a comparison table, and to ensure you select the appropriate font required.
Note: Due to licencing rules, Calibri and Trebuchet MS will display with their Open Source Font name in the HTML editor but will convert to the Microsoft font when an email is sent from FYI or drafted to Outlook.
To select a default font or font size:
- From the Default Font or Default Font Size field, click the arrow to expand the drop-down box.
- Select the new Font or Font Size as required.
- The page will refresh, and a confirmation box will be displayed to indicate the changes have been saved.
Open Outlook/Office using
These set the defaults for when emails or documents are opened, either with OneDrive Desktop or OneDrive Online (via the browser). Refer to Opening and Editing Emails and Opening, Editing and Finish Editing Documents.