The Workflow function in FYI allow emails and documents to be managed through their life-cycle and to control the workflow and approval between team members. Practices on the Elite Plan can also use the Workflow function to approve invoices.
Note: Workflow functions are only available for practices on the Pro and Elite plans. Refer to Subscribing to an FYI Plan. For any other FYI plan, emails and documents will never be set as locked or read-only.
Workflow can be set for any type of document so they can be managed from "In Progress" and 'Awaiting Info" to "Pending Approval" and if relevant, "Pending Client Signature".
An FYI Admin will set the “Approval Level” of the user profile for each user. The Approval Level controls the Status that can be set for a document and who can edit a document.
Use Workflows to:
- Ensure the correct people have access to edit documents.
- Draft emails in FYI so they can be approved before being sent.
- Prevent further editing of documents.
- Lock the details of Phone Calls, File Notes and Meetings so they cannot be changed.
- Track the status of an invoice, for example, Invoice Approval and Awaiting Payment.
- Manage informational updates, for example, indicate that a document is "Waiting Info" or "In Progress".
To track workflows, as well as views in the Documents lists, each user has the My Approvals tab in their Home workspace. This displays any document for that user's attention in the workflow process. It displays documents with a workflow Status of "Pending Approval" where the user has been assigned as the Approver.
The Home - My Approvals list displays as follows.
A Pending Approval custom process can be set up to send summary notifications to each of the relevant approvers when there are documents with the workflow status "Pending Approval". This custom process can be imported from our Automations Library, refer to Pending Approval Notification.