Creating a Metadata file assists with the migration to FYI by defining the values in FYI when the document is imported.
This article contains instructions on how to create the Metadata file, including a sample file available for download.
Metadata File Template
To get you started, we have prepared a sample Metadata Template file. This file contains the columns available to you to populate for your documents.
The Template also includes "Year" and "Work Type" as the last columns, as examples for categories. If using Categories, you can add more columns as necessary to insert the data for your documents.
File Format and File Name
Important: The metadata file must be saved in a CSV format, and with the file name "metadata" to be detected by the Migrate app.
In Excel, this can be done via:
- Select File > Save As
- Change the File Name to be metadata
- Set File Type to CSV UTF-8 (Comma Delimited) (*.csv)
- Click Save
Populating a Metadata file
The columns included in the Metadata file are as follows:
Important: The columns must not be changed, or the Migrate app may not perform as intended.
|Action if no value is specified
|Mandatory - a value is required
|If left blank, the Client Name will be used
This column is best left blank as the file type will be populated from the filename extension e.g. xlsx will be set to Spreadsheet.
The Migrate app defaults to the 'System' as a user, but the actual user/owner would be set from this field
Last Modified By
Last Modified On
Category Name e.g. Work Type
When preparing the file:
- The File Name must be metadata.csv and saved in a CSV file format. Refer to the section File Format and File Name above for more information.
File Location - the file must be placed into the lowest level of the folder selected in the FYI Migrate app. For example, if the folder selected in the Migrate app was C:\Data\Clients, the metadata file must be stored in the Clients folder.
The File Path is relative to the migrating folder and includes the document file name.
For example, if the folder selected in the Migrate app was C:\Data\Clients, and the document "Checklist for Quarterly Tax.xlsx" is stored in "C:\Data\Clients\Marshall, Frank" the File Path would be "Marshall, Frank/Checklist for Quarterly Tax.xlsx".
Note: File Path is mandatory and is used to identify each file in the migrating folder. The File Path should contain forward slashes, "/" instead of backslashes "\" and is case sensitive.
- The File Extension is mandatory in the file path, otherwise, the Migrate app will fail to recognise the File Type, for example, .xlsx for an Excel Spreadsheet.
- The Cabinet Name must exist in FYI before running the migration.
- If there is no entry found in metadata.csv for a file found in the migrating folder, an error will be generated in the Migration Report CSV file as "No entry found for file in metadata file".
Column headers are case insensitive - the Column Names must match exactly.
- If the Client Code is left blank, the Client Name will be used for auto-matching instead. If the Client Name is blank, no client will be applied.
If Client Code and Client Name cannot be matched to a Client in FYI, an Unmatched Client will be created.
- The Template has Year and Work Type as the last columns, as examples for categories. If using Categories, you can add more columns as necessary to insert the data for your documents.
Selecting the Metadata file in FYI Migrate
When running the FYI Migrate app, users are prompted to select the folders to be migrated. The metadata.csv file must be located within one of these folders.
Note: Ensure your file is called metadata.csv and stored in one of the folders selected in the Migrate app.
If the file metadata.csv is detected, the Migrate app will load the file and display the contents in the window to be reviewed.
If the file is not detected, this step will be skipped and will move to the final step of the migration, where you'll be able to begin synchronising the files. Click Restart to return to the start of the wizard, and save the file to the correct location.
Important: Documents not identified by the Metadata file will be imported into FYI without a client or key information. We recommend checking the Metadata screen carefully before proceeding with the migration.
Do not start a metadata migration without reviewing this screen.
Once the data has been imported a Migration Audit Report is produced to display the results of the import. Refer to Implementors: Migration Audit Report.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you encounter any errors trying to load the metadata file, or it isn't detected at all (skipping the metadata review step) the issue may be caused by the following:
- File location: Confirm the file is located in the appropriate folder selected within the FYI Migrate app. Move the file to the correct folder, and restart the Migrate app import.
- Review the Column Headings to ensure they match the headings above, along with any Category Names you may have added. If in doubt, download a fresh copy of the Template and copy/paste your data (excluding column headings) into the new file.
If you continue to experience issues, contact your FYI Client Success team member, or FYI Implementation Partner.