An FYI Admin can configure various Rates that can be used when creating time entries in FYI.
There are two types of Rates in FYI used to invoice clients for costs associated with a job:
- Time - the value of time spent by employees.
- Disbursements - costs incurred by the business to complete a job.
Rates can be set up for specific roles or tasks, and when added to time entries, can then be invoiced to a client. For example, setting up specific disbursements for Travel and Xero Ledger Subscriptions. For Time you may have different rates based on each role such as Administration, Accountant, Manager or Partner.
Creating a New Rate for Time or Disbursements
- Click Settings in the top right-hand corner.
- Select Practice Settings, and then Time & Invoices.
- Click the Rates tab. A list of the current Rates will be displayed.
- Click the + Add button.
- The Create Rate drawer will be displayed.
- Select the Rate Type of Time or Disbursement from the drop-down.
- Enter a Name for the Rate
- Enter the Billable Rate and the Base Rate.
Note: the Billable Rate is the amount that will be charged to the client. The Base Rate is what is recorded as the cost to the business on the time entry, and is used for internal reporting purposes only.
- Select the Start From date this rate will be effective from.
- Click Create.
Updating Time & Disbursement Rates
From time to time, you will need to update your Rates. For example, each year you may adjust your billing rate and any previously agreed time will need to be retained.
Changes to the Billable Rate, Base Rate, and Start From date are displayed in the Versions section of the Update Rate drawer.
To view the versions:
- Click on a Time or Disbursement Rate in the list to display the Update Rate drawer.
- The Versions will be displayed at the bottom of the drawer.
- Click the pencil icon to adjust a rate.
- The details will be populated into the fields at the top of the drawer.
- Update the Billable Rate, Base Rate and Start From fields and click Update.
Note: Changing the date will create a new version. All subsequent time entries will be created with the new rates.
- The updated details will be displayed in the Versions section in the drawer.
Deleting Time & Disbursement Rates
Time and Disbursement Rates can be deleted from FYI. To delete Time Rates, you must ensure that the rate is not assigned to any active users.
once a Time Rate has been deleted, it will no longer appear as an option when assigning rates to users.
- Select the Rate from the list and click the Delete icon in the toolbar.
- The message "Are you sure you want to remove the selected time rate?" will display. Click Yes to confirm.
Note: If you are deleting a Time Rate which is currently assigned to one or more active users, a message will display with the user names. Before deleting the rate, you will need to unassign the rate from each user. Refer to Assigning Time Rates to Users (Beta).